Karen Stringfellow [Celebrant]
My name is Karen Stringfellow. I am a marriage and funeral celebrant located in Brisbane. I love weddings, and enjoy working with families to plan a loved ones funeral. I will be your celebrant wherever you invite me.
I service all of Brisbane, the Gold Coast, the Sunshine Coast, Northern New South Wales and all the way out to Toowoomba.
Planning a destination wedding? My passport is current, pick me!
“Yes, I did miss my wedding day & I regret it!”
It’s crazy but, I did miss my wedding day. Not in the physical sense but definitely in the mental sense. See, I was an original Bridezilla and control freak with the smile of an angel.
I planned my wedding day down to the last minute and dollar. I did everything myself and was proud to be able to throw together a DIY project for the day.
Pintrest wasn’t a thing back then but I had the bride scrapbook and an excel spreadsheet.
By being so focused on everything else I missed our special day. I don’t want this for you.
On my wedding day, when I got out of the car I focused on the placement of the string quartet. Were they playing the right song? Did they wear black like I asked them to?
I worried about everyone standing in their right places, when I should have been focused on my groom and my marriage ceremony.
I missed a special day in my life because I was trying to make it perfect, by myself. A big mistake.
Calm down the Bridezilla
See, by being a Bridezilla I missed the most important parts of my special day and;
- I missed the faces of the loved ones who had traveled so far to see us get married.
- I missed the look on my groom’s face when I walked down the aisle to him.
- I missed saying our vows – I don’t remember a single word or the look on my groom’s face.
- I missed the words of our exchanging of rings – (I do remember pushing the right finger in my groom’s hand when he attempted to put the ring on the wrong finger).
- I missed how proud my Dad was to walk his only daughter down the aisle.
- I missed the kiss – What a shame, I don’t remember this at all.
I was so focused on getting everything right that I saw nothing. I remember nothing. It has always been a regret.
“Let me help you before the Zilla creeps in.“
Why choose me to be your celebrant?
One of the reasons I became a celebrant was because I was so disgruntled with my wedding day.
Don’t think I am blaming anyone. I am the one to blame. I should have trusted more, asked more questions and asked for help, but I didn’t. And that is my fault.
Now that I am a celebrant, I ensure that I help couples any way I can. My goal is to take some stress from you when preparing your wedding ceremony.
I will ensure you, that I will;
- support you anyway you need up to the ceremony (and beyond if you need it)
- I will make sure we have all the details worked out and listed on a script, so you do not need to worry where someone is to stand and what they need to say
- I will ensure the music is organised and starts on cue
- I will ensure you that I will take care of as much of the ceremony details as you allow and want
- I will help and guide you with any decisions about your ceremony
- I encourage we have a rehearsal, so your bridal party feels comfortable and less anxious on the day
- Be available to you so you can call me anytime for advice on any part of your wedding day
- And my favourite part about being a celebrant is that, I will make sure that the two of you are in the moment when saying your vows.
From time to time, I see a Bridezilla or Groomzilla at my coffee meetings. I remember how I felt when I was getting married so, I do what ever I can to hope this person will give me a little of their trust. After all this is their “life event”, their “day of all days”. They want to know that their day will be just perfect! I understand this and embrace it.
“I will put my whole being into your ceremony, that’s what us Virgos do”.
I am in my 40’s and am having the time of my life. I have only just started to travel as I was a single mum for many years with my 2 girls. This was our “Gilmore Girls” years. [I even moved to a country town.]
We love the memories and my daughter’s and I have an unshakable bond that I am truly grateful.
I was married but now divorced. I still value the commitment of a marriage and the joining of families.
My day job is in the dental industry. I have been working in the industry since I left school and still love it. That is 28 years!
Be warned! I am a hugger! I will probably hug you at least one time in the time we spend time together planning your wedding or funeral (don’t worry my hugs don’t linger and become awkward.) I just get excited! I also really love getting to know my couples and families. I love sharing ideas with them and – I become a bit of a Mum really. But I love it.
Let me help you by being your organised angel. It would be my absolute pleasure!
“No Bridezilla’s at your wedding!”
Skip the reading,
listen to my podcast with all the answers.